Monday, April 25, 2016

Benched

We have been benched for the month. I have a 3 cm cyst on my left ovary (similar to what happened in October). I'm sad, but secretly relieved that I don't have to deal with the insurance company (isn't that awful??).  

Since we have all this free time, I thought it was best to get the polyp situation figured out. The doctor today didn't see a polyp and seemed skeptical like the other doctor, so next week, I will have a sonohysterogram where they fill my uterus with saline and then do an ultrasound to determine whether the polyp is real or not. I had this same procedure in August as part of the diagnostic work up ... it was not super fun, but at least this way, the polyp question will be put to rest. If there is one, then I can have a procedure to remove it. If not, they can stop bringing it up every flipping time I'm in there!

Before I left, the doctor did say that we should still try on our own this month. I had to stop my eyes from rolling out of my head. Then I was reading an infertility article this evening ... something from Scary Mommy, I think ... to be honest, it wasn't that great of an article ... but this one quote rang quite true to me: "a part of me will always wonder what it must be like to simply have sex and get pregnant." Yes. Exactly.

2 comments:

  1. A month off will be good for both of you!! I hope you can enjoy it! And I'm glad you are having the polyp situation figured out. You're a tough woman!! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not awful at all. Any break you can get is much deserved!

    ReplyDelete